What are cookies?
Enabling cookies is not essential for a website to work, but it facilitates navigation.
This page describes what information they collect, how we use it and why we may need to store these cookies. . We will also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored; however, this may downgrade or ‘break’ certain elements of the site’s functionality.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting your browser settings (see your browser’s Help to learn how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites you visit. Disabling cookies will generally result in the disabling of certain functionality and features of this website. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Cookies we set:
- Cookies related to email newsletters: This site offers subscription services to informative email newsletters and cookies can be used to remember if the user is already registered and whether to show certain notifications valid only for subscribed/non-subscribed users.
- Form-related cookies: When the user submits data through a form such as those found on the contact or career pages, cookies can be set to remember the user’s details for future correspondence.
- Website Preference Cookies: To provide you with a great experience on this website, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this website runs when you use it. To remember your previous preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever interaction with a page is impacted by your preferences.
- This website uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and reliable analytics solutions on the web, to help us understand how you use the website and how we can improve your experience. These cookies may track items such as how long you browse the website and which pages you visit, so that we can continue to produce relevant content.
For more information about Google Analytics cookies, see the official website of Google Analytics.
- ● Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this website so that we can continue to produce content of interest. These cookies may track items such as the time you browse the website or the pages you visit, which helps us understand how we can improve your website experience.
- Periodically, we test new features and make subtle changes to the way the website looks. While we are still testing new features, these cookies can be used to ensure that the user receives a consistent experience when visiting the website, while understanding which optimizations our users most appreciate.
- It is important that we understand statistics about how many visitors our website actually receives and therefore this is the type of data these cookies will track.
The user undertakes to make proper use of the contents and information that EastBanc Portugal offers on this website and, including but not limited to, not using them to:
- A) Engage in activities that are illegal or contrary to good faith or public order;
- B) Spread content or propaganda that is racist, xenophobic, pornographic, related to games of chance, or which supports terrorism or the violation of human rights;
- C) Cause damage to the physical (hardware) and logical (software) systems of EastBanc Portugal, its suppliers, or third parties, introducing or spreading computer viruses or any other hardware or software systems that are capable of causing the aforementioned damage.
Eastbanc Portugal will retain the consents given for 12 months.
Users have, at any time, the possibility to set their devices to accept cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or to not receive any cookies. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. For more information, see allaboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies already installed on your computer or mobile device or activate an option available in most browsers that prevents their installation. But if you do, you may have to manually configure some preferences every time you visit a site and risk disabling certain services and features.
We hope you’re clarified and, as mentioned earlier, if there is something you are not sure you need or not, it’s generally safer to leave cookies enabled if you are interacting with one of the features you use on our website.
This policy was updated in April 2021.